PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Technical Project Manager
Location: San Mateo, CA
We will consider mid-level to senior professional experience for this position.
How would you like to work for the best-selling gaming and entertainment system of all time? PlayStation has a great career opportunity for you. We seek a project manager to partner with our highly creative R&D team to lead technical projects while collaborating with partners in the USA, Japan and the UK. Here, you will use your highly motivated ability to communicate with people to drive and deliver multiple concurrent hardware & software projects. If you are passionate about finding a high energy workspace surrounded by deeply knowledgeable co-workers working on groundbreaking technology, than we want to hear from you.
- Lead GR&D Projects in state of the art technologies, collaborating with project leads, to deliver them in committed time, agreed scope and required quality.
- You will support R&D engineering managers with project planning/scheduling, task tracking and follow up as needed, handling internal teams & vendors across multiple sites.
- Set up & maintain appropriate tools for project management artifacts for effective tracking and facilitate sharing of project information.
- Inspire change by conducting effective meetings with partners, teams and vendors.
- Handle the communication, tasks between team members in U.S., U.K and Japan.
- Work with engineering leadership to set up/maintain/improve vendor project delivery process.
- You will find new ways to identify risks in any projects and working with other members for solutions.
- Prepare presentations, project documentation and reports to various partners.
- Delivering multiple research & development projects, involving teams across geographies, leading multiple vendors acting as a program manager.
- Develop and refine necessary processes, including development methodologies, usage of tracking tools, release and operational procedures (e.g. process for release management and tracking execution).
- May require 10% to 20% of time traveling nationally and/or internationally depending on project needs.
- Prior professional experience supporting one or more of these industries: gaming, consumer electronics, embedded software and/or an advanced software platform development.
- Experience supporting an Agile/Scrum and Hardware/Waterfall development environment.
- Motivated, organized self-starter with ability to seek resolution for routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Strong Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office skills.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills are required.
- Effectively and guide with multi-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team, identifying and handling dependencies.
- You should exhibit meticulous attention to detail, organizational skills, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering with equivalent experience.
Nice to Have:
- If you have experience delivering projects in the latest technologies like Sensing, AI, Analytics/Big Data, AR/VR a plus.
- PMP, CSM, etc. certifications.
- Experience of having collaborated with Japan partners.
- Understanding of and experience with SAFe .
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.