PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Graphics Software Engineer in Test Intern
San Mateo, CA
As a Graphics Software Engineer in Test Intern, you will have learn PlayStation graphics technology hands-on: by developing tests, tools, and infrastructure to better analyze console graphics. Come join us and work closely with your team to improve the graphics test infrastructure for PlayStation Software Development Kit (SDK) projects.
- Learn and innovate upon testing methodologies and tools for PlayStation SDK development
- Build and design test cases for PlayStation graphics SDK libraries using C++, modern shader technology, and Python
- Develop, maintain, and improve the testing tools and frameworks used for ensuring high quality PlayStation graphics SDK components
- Research new tools for building and analyzing PlayStation software
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science (or related field), and/or within 1 year of their post-graduation date
- Proficient in C++ programming
- Experience in Python programming. Should have used in at least one academic project
- Experience building and running software in both Windows and Linux environments
- Background in computer graphics, recommended (but not required) experience in the following:
- Shader language writing: HLSL, Cg, GLSL
- 3D graphics API exposure: Direct3D, OpenGL, Vulkan, Metal
About Deemed Export
Deemed export: The U.S. Government controls foreign access to sensitive equipment, software, and technology as a means to promote national security and foreign policy objectives. The position you are applying for may require you to have access and/or use technology and/or software which may be subject to the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"). In some circumstances, SIE may need to obtain authorization from the appropriate governmental agency of the United States to allow individuals who are not a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or protected individual under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) to access controlled technology. If such authorization is not available under a license exception and/or authorization is denied by the U.S. Department of Commerce, an adverse action to the internship may be required.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.