PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Logistics Analyst (Contract)
This position is for a 4-month temporary engagement with the potential for an extension through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
San Mateo, CA
This role will support the day-to-day function of Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) Logistics team that includes but not limited to Import/Export and Domestic transportation. This opportunity will allow you to use your organizational skills, communication skills and persistence to shine in areas of Import/Export, freight audit & payment processes among the overall continuous process improvement.
- Freight Audit & Payment
- Categorize and assign account codes to carrier and customs billing invoices in Freight Audit & Payment system, SAP VIM system and on paper invoices for submission to accounts payable in support of Supply Chain and other business units
- Review open A/R items reports form Carriers and validate receipt in FAP system or current status of payment from accounts payable
- Research, document and resolve root cause of payment discrepancies i.e. short pays and duplicate payments
- Monitor on time funding to FAP and outbound payments to carriers
- Document decision-making processes related to all Freight Audit and Payment duties for carriers, freight forwarders and parcel carriers
- Import & Export
- Build and distribute commercial invoices, customs forms and serial number lists as required for China, LATAM and Canada shipment document packets in support of Supply Chain and other business units
- Document processes for crafting commercial invoices, customs forms and serial number lists
- US Domestic Transportation
- Track and Trace progress of inbound key product categories
- Updating relevant business reports (security, insurance, etc.)
- At least 2 years International Supply Chain Logistics experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Direct experience running import ocean freight shipments for a consumer electronics company, freight forwarder or related industry
- Direct experience managing small parcel carriers, FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc.
- Experience completing international shipping documentation for import and export
- Direct experience with freight bill and small parcel auditing or strong finance experience
- Experience filing ISF & US Export Declarations
- Knowledge of customs regulations in North and South American regions
- Experience with creation of process documentation & controls
- Significant proven experience with SAP, Visio, Excel, Tableau, Descartes or other ERP and TMS solutions
- Strong, demonstrable documentation and organizational skills
- Spanish language skills a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.