PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Global Payments
San Mateo, CA | San Diego, CA | Liverpool, UK
The Global Payments team enables consumers to pay for their digital content and services by maximizing acceptance and minimizing friction within the purchasing experience across the entire PlayStation® ecosystem. You will be responsible for actively leading a diverse collection of payment partners globally, directly guiding all payment operations while working collaboratively with diverse internal teams to identify new opportunities for innovation.
You will lead a team distributed globally covering the key areas of payment optimization, business strategy, compliance, payment operations (including reconciliation exception management) and partner management. You will collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams to drive customer engagement and payment reach as you develop the PlayStation® payment proposition and realize efficiency gains across operational payment functions.
As the lead ambassador internally for Payments, you are responsible for communicating the Business’ commercial strategy and requirements to all business partners responsible or impacted by implementing payment solutions.
Overall we are looking for individuals that are passionate about our brand and what they do, have a high sense of integrity and excel in building strong relationships by deeply caring about others, including our customers.
- Create and lead the global payment strategy for the PlayStation® ecosystem
- Lead the geographically dispersed Payments team
- Drive the payment conversion optimization strategy
- Maximizing Acceptance whilst minimizing customer friction with a focus on growth
- Run a global portfolio of payment service providers and partners
- Drive Efficiencies and opportunities in conversion and growth while maintaining commercial viability
- Maximize payments reach in alignment with both global store & services and sales org
- Develop and maintain effective partner relationships whilst maximizing opportunity and revenue.
- Lead and develop emerging business partners, ensuring all agreements and products are commercially/financially viable.
- Accountable for cost of finance optimization
- Drive efficiencies in internal and external cost structures for cost savings to increase profit margins
- Responsibility for all commercial and contractual negotiations
- Manage the billing budget and cost of payments processing within the business.
- Lead global payment operations
- Oversee team focused on payment reconciliation and collection management
- Shepherd adherence to local regulations and legislations
- Baseline comprehensive understanding of global scheme and market level requirements
- Continually stay appraised of any changing regulatory activities that impact global commercial payment strategy
- Ensure relevant commercial, professional, regulatory, scheme and legal standards are adhered to from a billing and payments perspective
- As the role is global, frequent and regular international travel will be required
- Ability to work varying hours as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- At least 10 years' experience directing or leading payment activities in a digital eCommerce environment whilst delivering significant results
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and Master's degree preferred
- Recognized payment industry leader with global understanding of cultural and regional differences in attitudes towards different online payment systems
- Network of senior level industry relationships including processors, merchants, schemes, and issuers
- Prior experience with payment optimization, settlement, reconciliation, and exception management
- Experience and consistent record of navigating the payment regulatory and payment scheme landscape
- Confidently lead people of diverse, cross functional teams and geographies
- Ability to navigate successfully across complex, geographically and commercially diverse operations
- Ability to provide high impact and quality proposals and presentations and confidently hold meeting with senior team members
- Ability to successfully build relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to maximize team performance – accountable for creating collaborative working environments for team to operate effectively, providing coaching and leadership and sharing knowledge
- Self-starter who is solution focused and able to work under their own initiative
- Experience of working under pressure, in an ever-changing and challenging environment
- Experience in the video games industry
- Language skills, particularly Japanese or other Asian languages
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.