PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Group Manager, Global Services Product Marketing
San Mateo, CA
Key Function and Responsibility of the Role:
The PlayStation Store and Services Marketing team are on a mission to become the engine of profitable growth that future proofs the PlayStation business for years to come. We will achieve this by providing personalised, relevant and inspiring marketing campaigns that give our Players an improved gaming experience.
Do you want to be part of a team who builds and develops world-class services? Are you a seasoned people manager with e-commerce and gaming background?
We are looking for a Group Manager, Global Services Product Marketing. This is a key role reporting to the Global Marketing Lead for Store and Services in the UK. As part of this new marketing team you will be part of becoming an industry-leading expert in brand strategy and global toolkit development across strategically critical, future-facing products.
You are responsible for the design and development of the brand positioning, strategic plan and budget for the multi-billion-dollar PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now and TV/Video Services businesses. You're also accountable for building and developing world-class services that enhance our Players’ experience of the PlayStation platform.
Main Areas of Responsibility/Key Performance Indicators:
The Global Services Design team will work across six key areas of activity:
- Annual strategic plan and budget: Global target audience definition, planning strategy and budget allocation by region/territory, including quarterly budget re-allocation reviews. Tracking and reporting global marketing critical metrics. Accountable for action plans to deliver Acquisition, Retention and Reclamation targets.
- Global campaign roadmap: Phasing, prioritisation and investment strategy. Approve all toolkit designs developed by the Content Lifecycle Marketing team
- Key contact for Market Liaisons + GSS Commercial Management: taking input from Liaisons/CM on behalf of territories to inform strategy development and campaign design
- Brand equity positioning, and campaign development: Work with global agencies to design Service brand positioning and brand campaigns for PS Plus and PS Now, own the briefing and input to global SVT research. Develop toolkits.
- Lead Marketing input to design of future Service propositions: Partner with Commercial leads to design global Services propositions (inputting on pricing, targeting, insight, consumer value)
- Lead ‘Digital at Retail’ strategy and toolkit development: Accountable for consumer target definition and development of global toolkits to build PlayStation Services’ retail presence and revenue.
Your high level responsibility will be leading your team as well as designing and embedding new Global ways of working. You are an experienced leader, comfortable with balancing multiple priorities in a fast-moving and complex environment. You have deep industry, strategic planning and brand proposition expertise as well as experience in a subscription or e-Commerce focussed role.
- Bachelor's degree
- Brand Design and proposition development experience for a Subscription model business is preferred
- 8+ years of marketing experience in the entertainment industry (or within a brand-focussed subscription business)
- Experience in working in global / regional roles at a senior level
- Experience working in e-Commerce marketing roles
- Proven expertise in marketing strategy and proposition development
- You are a seasoned people manager
- You are people-focused and have experience leading a team
- Analytical, results focused high accountability mindset
- Comfortable managing senior (VP/C-level) executive partners
- Doesn’t settle for the status quo, challenges and leads change in a positive way
- You can manage ambiguity with calm confidence
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.