PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Global PlayStation Store Product Marketing Group Manager
San Mateo, CA
Key Function and Responsibility of the Role:
PlayStation Store and Services Marketing are on a mission to become the engine of profitable growth that future proofs the PlayStation business for years to come. We will achieve this by providing personalised, relevant and inspiring marketing campaigns that add value for our Players and improve their gaming experience.
Do you have deep marketing industry and brand proposition expertise? Are you a strategic planner? Do you have experience working in an e-Commerce environment?
We are looking for a Group Manager, Global PlayStation Store Product Marketing as part of our Global Marketing team. You will be responsible for the design and development of the brand positioning, strategic plan and budget for a fast growing multi-billion-dollar vertical in the PlayStation portfolio.You will report to the Global Marketing Lead for Store and Services. This is a key role, accountable for building and developing a world-class retail brand that enhances Players’ experience of the PlayStation platform. This new team will become industry-leading experts in brand strategy and global toolkit development across a strategically critical, future-facing business.
Main Areas of Responsibility/Key Performance Indicators:
The Global PlayStation Design team will work across six key areas of activity:
- Own the annual strategic plan and budget: Global target audience definition, planning strategy and budget allocation by region/territory, including quarterly budget re-allocation reviews. Tracking and reporting global marketing critical metrics. Accountable for action plans to deliver Acquisition, Retention and Reclamation targets.
- Own global campaign roadmap: Phasing, prioritisation and investment strategy. Approve all toolkit designs developed by the Content Lifecycle Marketing team
- Key contact for Market Liaisons + GSS Commercial Management: taking input from Market Liaisons & Commercial Management on behalf of territories to inform strategy development and campaign design
- Brand equity positioning, and campaign development: Work with global agencies to design the PlayStation Store brand positioning and brand campaign, lead the briefing and input to global SVT research. Develop toolkits.
- Lead Marketing input to design of future PlayStation Store proposition: Partner with Commercial leads to design a compelling global proposition (inputting on pricing, promotion, targeting, insight, consumer value)
- Lead ‘Digital at Retail’ strategy and toolkit development: Accountable for consumer target definition and development of global toolkits to build PlayStation Store’s retail presence and revenue.
You will be responsible for leading the team, designing and embedding new Global ways of working. You are an experienced leader who can balance multiple priorities in a fast-moving and complex environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration Marketing, Business, or Communications preferred
- Brand Design and proposition development experience for a retail business
- 8+ years of marketing experience in e-Commerce marketing in a brand-focused business
- Experience in working in global or regional roles at a senior level
- Proven expertise in marketing strategy and proposition development
- Proven people manager
Candidate Preferred Qualities
- Proven people-focused team leadership
- Analytical, results focused high accountability mindset
- Comfortable handling senior (VP/C-level) executive partners
- Experience in physical retail trade marketing
- You don't settle for the status quo
- You can lead change in a positive way
- You handle ambiguity with calm confidence
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.