PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Global Brand Marketing | Games
San Mateo, CA
Do you have experience building and leading a team of Marketing Professionals? Do you love developing brand marketing strategies?
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Global Brand Marketing who will be responsible for developing the brand and global go-to-market marketing strategy for several high-profile game titles. Reporting to the Group Manager, Global Brand Marketing you will work closely with a team of marketers and collaborating with our development studios,
Marketing and Brand Strategy
- You will lead a high performing team responsible for a portfolio of PlayStation's key titles.
- Define global brand and product strategy, including positioning, unique selling points, and go-to-market approach based on strategic target audiences, market, and player insights.
- Developing elite live service strategies, including direct to consumer, always-on, content strategy for Games as a Service.
- Brief and lead creative agencies (internal and external) to deliver consumer-facing creative platform, campaign big ideas, and advertising assets.
- Lead global cross-functional teams to deliver a holistic marketing plan, against defined communication beats, to drive global business results for a portfolio of titles.
- You will be accountable for the success of the global marketing campaign.
- Partner with development studios to develop product marketing strategy for game titles, including figuring out appropriate target audiences, business models (financial models and/or monetization strategies), launch timing, and product/service feature sets.
- Ensure consumer insights are provided during the development of games through world-class qualitative and quantitative research.
- Financial responsibility for marketing strategies, initiatives and advertising related efforts for franchises.
- Lead global marketing budget for portfolio of titles.
- You have validated experience leading a small team of marketing professionals.
- Deep understanding of and experience working on Games as a Service direct to consumer digital businesses.
- Recognized history developing positive relationships with game development studios
- Proven record of success in developing high impact global consumer strategies, mass market campaigns, brand marketing, and direct to consumer performance-based marketing, for a portfolio of games/services.
- Broad experience and understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline including consumer insights, product positioning, consumer promotions, online innovation and creative development.
- Experience with digital product offerings on mobile and PC platforms, a plus.
- Ability of influencing and engaging external and internal partners in a franchise brand vision.
- You have experience working closely with licensors and working on licensed IP games.
- Having a real passion for video gaming is critical.
- 12+ years of brand and product marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent; MBA a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.