PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Program Manager-Social Experience (Back End)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
Do you have a passion for handling complex projects and building delightful and lighting-quick services for millions of people?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will put your abilities to work building online services that are performant and delightful, and working with diverse team members and partner teams on consumer products.
You have shown solid leadership in leading teams and programs to deliver successful outcomes. You will use industry standard methodologies for scheduling, tracking and execution of our projects as well as initiating, planning, and executing intermediate-to-large cross team or company-wide programs.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills, and can execute and deliver successfully in situations with implicit authority. Interaction and leadership across functional lines is critical.
- Work with software developers to schedule development, write functional specifications, and drive decision-making to build amazing online experiences.
- Act as overall lead in driving technical discussions and solutions to business and/or customer requirements.
- You will handle all phases of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, and deployment, while collaborating with other internal teams and groups.
- You will participate in initial requirements reviews, analysis to assess technical complexity and resolve dependencies.
- You will provide ongoing visibility into the progress, risks, schedules, and timelines of the features in development.
- You will develop and manage end-to-end implementations toward technical standards as well as expected delivery dates.
- 5+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience with high-volume online user experiences.
- Experience with agile methodologies, including experience with scrum master and product owner roles.
- Strong communication, cross-group collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience as a software developer or tester
- Ability to manage a feature through the entire development and release cycle
- BA/BS/BSE in computer science, math, or equivalent technical experience
- Solid leadership skills and a passion for building world class consumer experiences.
- Keen eye for detail and managing multiple simultaneous dependencies.
- Ability to travel and manage projects with distributed resources sometimes in international locations.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Skills which encompass communicating to executives, product managers, software engineers, and project managers
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.