PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Inventory Planning Manager
San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation has an exciting opportunity for a supply chain analytics professional. This role will analyze complex sales figures and present the findings to relevant partners. As the Inventory Planning Manager, you will be joining the Supply Chain Process & Analytics team. The team’s mission is to support Sony PlayStation’s Supply Chain through critical metric reporting, analytics, budgeting, and transformation of business processes. The focus of this position will be to work collaboratively with Inventory Planners, FP&A, and Demand Planners to deliver improvements to the business.
Primary responsibilities will include driving alignment of Global Inventory Targets and establishing a robust Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) reporting platform. In this role, you'll also present relevant metrics and data to leadership, both within SIE and with our partners across the globe. This highly analytical, techno-functional role requires the ability to deliver solutions that improve the performance of the supply chain while minimizing cost. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you! Join us at PlayStation where Greatness Awaits!
- Establish inventory optimization capability, analyze supply chain performance, and support Regional Inventory Planners in setting targets for optimal inventory levels
- Develop S&OP Reporting for the VP of Global Operations
- Provide scenario analysis of Inventory Allocation and improve current tools to support holistic decisions
- Drive the evolution of Global S&OP meetings both from a content and important metric perspective
- Learn the business, brand, and internal asset management tools to source assets and build out presentations and communications in a visually-beautiful, instantly-understood way that is on brand for PlayStation
- Build positive relationships with central teams that ensure visibility and delivery on commitments on time
- Find opportunities to improve practices/processes bringing new products to market & ensuring success
- Serve as a leader for continuous improvement projects that are built reciprocally with impacted organizations (i.e. openness of business plans and spend)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in product management or in consulting with a focus on the delivery of scalable reporting and analytics platforms
- Authoritative knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated experience in providing analytical frameworks to support data-driven decisions
- Be a self-starter to a fault
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills required
- Experience with SAP ERP and/or other business intelligence tools
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and meet respective deadlines
- Effective social skills, ought to be able to effectively present findings to a variety of audiences
- Strong querying skills and data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Looker)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.