PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Diego, CA
The Global Technology Strategy & Controls team within SIE is looking for a Business Analyst to support complex financial forecasts and models by aggregating and analyzing technical and business data. This analyst would be responsible for mining the technical data, delivering metrics and important metrics, developing well-thought out presentations and data visualizations, and proposing optimizations with meaningful business content for executive level decision-making.
Projects will vary from one-time projections to dynamic models with continuous refinement. The work you're doing will be used for strategic decisions including contract negotiations, vendor selection, as well as business and technical optimizations.
The analyst will be expected to drive their own workload with minimal mentorship, dedicatedly finding areas for improvement.
- Implement the scientific method for data-driven analysis
- Assess value of potential feature implementations
- Evaluate cost efficiencies in various areas of the global organization
- Develop, maintain and distribute ad-hoc reports as needed
- Work closely in concert with technical domain experts
- Convert technical requirements into business and cost models
- Work with finance to maintain and analyze budget & re-forecast information
- Analyze financial data to understand trend and identify risks and opportunities
- Capture and analyze technical data from a myriad of different data sources to begin to statistical models
- Develop and deliver a portfolio of different reports that are scalable, repeatable, and ideally automated
- Demonstrates a dedicated and inquisitive work style including a real passion for constant improvement in analysis techniques and reporting for deeper understanding of the network platform ecosystem
- Craft spreadsheets, charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports
- Support and execute on each phase of the contract management Procure-to-Pay lifecycle
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent in Finance / Accounting with complimentary technical experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in reporting, consolidation and financial analysis
- Strong initiative and ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to complete projects timely and appropriately
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Contract negotiation experience desired
- Ability to expertly turn sets of complex data into clear, concise business metrics
- Ability to script and otherwise automate recurring reporting
- Superb communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.