PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Cloud Security Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Do you feel right at home with Amazon Web Services? Does Security breach news keep you up at night?
PlayStation has had immense growth and needs your help to build next-generation secure cloud infrastructure and build world-class tools for our team. In this position, you will be part of top-notch engineering team focusing on building secure cloud infrastructure to the organization. You will also have strong passion and preference for automation.
- Build new security practices and strengthen existing security in a large and complex AWS based environment.
- Hands-on scripting programming experience for automation purposes.
- Use security tools data to analyze and report on threats and incidents across various platforms and environments.
- Innovate on risk reduction capabilities across the org by collaborating with multiple cross-functional teams
- Document security practices and processes.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Network Security
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and other related tools.
- Database Security
- 5+ years implementing/maintaining secure environments
- Knowledge of Linux, scripting, automation, Cloud and Monitoring technologies
- Solid experience in deploying and managing resources on AWS.
- Previous experience working on large scale distributed systems is a plus.
- Understanding of network and security attacks, DDoS, encryption, authentication, logging and log analysis and security rules and policies.
- Deep passion and knowledge in access control and data security
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Sony Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.