PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both teamwork and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We're looking for:
A forward-thinking, confident, take-charge individual who has deep experience in functional testing of web UI and API testing space. He or she can strategize Quality effectively with engineering teams. We look for problem solvers, who can intuitively anticipate problems; look beyond immediate issues; and take initiative to improve both our software and our development infrastructure. In short, we look for people who take pride in the craft of software engineering and have shown to be phenomenal at it. We believe in agile software development, metrics, short feedback loops, well-designed application, early test development, automation wherever possible, and are open to adoption of the latest tools and techniques for solving the complex problems.
What you'll do:
- Build automation in our existing framework for a web UI built on Java and React using open Source and licensed tools (Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Sauce Labs).
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Creation and execution of test cases for new features
- Expand testing and automation across development teams to promote ownership of quality
- Drive improvements to our current test automation framework and paradigm
- Establish standards and conventions for our team and evangelize their adoption
- Operate as an overall QA Lead for the team and help to drive overall quality of our product
This role will require knowledge of:
- Testing – You have studied and practiced a variety of test techniques and methodologies, and are familiar with prominent voices in the online testing community
- Test automation – You have an interest in test automation to a level where you can discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches. To support this, are currently working with a modern programming language. Preferably Java
- Agile software development – You understand the common methodologies and can articulate how a strong tester can best support their team in that context
- Mentoring – you love to share knowledge and are good at it. You are comfortable training a new team member on the features you are responsible for testing, demonstrating interesting tools and techniques you have found to be effective to your team
- Performance testing- You are passionate about application performance and care about application load time, perceived performance and user retention
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.