PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software QA Engineer (Blackbox) (Contract)
San Francisco, CA
Looking for an opportunity to work on next-gen PlayStation products? Do you have a passion for software quality? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create?
At PlayStation, we are passionate about both collaboration and technology. We love building the systems that millions of people use and are our own first customers. We strive to be at the forefront of development technologies and are a diverse company with developers on four continents.
We are located in San Francisco's dynamic SOMA district, within walking distance to extraordinary restaurants, museums and nightlife.
What You'll Do:
- You'll plan and execute manual tests for applications on the PlayStation console
- You'll work with console developers and automation engineers to ensure that all features and bug fixes come with proper test coverage
- You'll monitor automated tests in CI/CD pipelines
- You'll report, track and verify defects
- Minimum 5 years related work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- You should have an extensive background in QA methodologies, and experience in writing test strategy, test plans, and test cases, collecting test results and resolving issues
- Deep understanding of system integration testing
- Experience working with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with test case management and Jira bug tracking tools
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- You should be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience in UI automation for web or mobile applications
- Experience developing or writing test code for a game console or set-top box
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond. We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest in PlayStation.