PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
As Sr. Manager, you will guide the PMO team that is responsible for driving critical strategic next gen initiatives from inception through to deployment, over a worldwide scale. You will partner with product management, architecture, engineering, quality assurance, security, systems, network engineering, database services, etc. to lead, handle, and drive forward all necessary initiatives.
- You will collaborate with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units, and outside 3rd parties (including subject matter authorities, design teams, and technology teams) to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their project involvement, project goals, expectations, and tasks
- You will represent the organization to executive leadership, providing visibility on major initiatives
- You possess strong leadership skills, confirmed project management ability, and a positive approach in leading staff, clients, and project related issues
- You'll develop, motivate and mentor Program Managers to ensure high performance and continuous development
- You will hire, train and provide oversight and mentorship to the team to drive Program Management strategy and methodology
- You will recognize areas for internal improvement and development plans for implementation
- You will lead or participate in process improvement initiatives, as assigned, and promote the sharing of standard methodologies.
- You will develop and assess metrics to support project targets/deliverables
- You will provide reports to senior management on project status.
- You will challenge others to develop as leaders and possible successors while clarifying roles and responsibilities
- You'll build and maintain authoritative knowledge in our industry and convey knowledge to others
- Participate in setting and executing the vision, mission and goals for the department and team
- BA/ BS Degree or equivalent, MBA Preferred
- A minimum of 5+ years of management experience
- 8+ years’ experience working in a program/project management capacity for software development projects
- Track record of successfully leading large/complex global cross functional projects, strong domestic and international project management experience.
- Experience with Systems Development Lifecycle and Project Management Methodologies, specifically Agile/Scrum, in addition to Waterfall.
- Experience in digital media software and/or gaming industry is desired.
- You have excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- You work effectively and expertly with cross-functional groups across divisions, worldwide, as part of a team.
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management
- You exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- You are comfortable with authoring many types of documents, including scope, requirements, agendas, action plans, and project plans.
- You’re motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
- You have proven effective leadership and possess ability to drive projects to successful completion.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.