PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer (Docker/Kubernetes)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
Do you feel right at home with Amazon Web Services? Anxious to take the helm of Kubernetes and Docker?
PlayStation is growing rapidly and needs your help to build next generation cloud infrastructure and build awesome tools for our team. In this position, you will be part of a top-notch engineering team focused on delivering our container orchestration solution (Kubernetes) to the organization.
- Work with a team of hardworking engineers to help deliver our Kubernetes container solution.
- Automate deployments. Automate upgrades. Automate onboarding. Automate validation.
- Play nicely (but busily) in GitHub, arguing about what makes the best kind of programs.
- Be the awesome author who can finally explain to developers how to successfully own an application in a container.
- BS/MS in Computer Science with a minimum of 3 years of programming experience and 1+ year of DevOps experience.
- Knowledge of Linux, scripting, automation, computing in the cloud, and monitoring technologies; previous exposure to Docker, CoreOS, or another container platform.
- Proven experience in deploying and leading resources on AWS.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision in a collaborative work environment.
- Bonus points for performance engineering and standard methodologies around developing micro services (stuff like 12-factor, understanding abstractions between infrastructure and application levels).
- Keen interest in lean working, DevOps, and Agile methodologies.
Nice to have:
- Experience with any container technologies like Docker
- Previous experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Hands on Programming experience (Python or Go is a plus)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.