PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
San Mateo, CA
A vital role within the Global Third Party Relations (GTPR) / Global Partner Operations (GPOPs) teams responsible for collaborating with a variety of business stakeholders to provide macro-level content insights into the content, partner and platform pipelines for PlayStation whilst providing actionable feedback on specific policies/processes and/or generating new solutions to meet business needs.
This role relies on extensive experience and judgment around the status of content flow and pipeline processes such as onboarding (including provision of hardware) and informs the orientation of the various individual departments within GPDR. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to support expanding business requirements and platform solutions, and develop extensive local/regional knowledge to inform global decisions in these areas.
- Identifying and recommending operational efficiencies in areas such as hardware, content assessment and onboarding
- Internally contributing to the definition of the content pipeline, hardware and onboarding strategies
- Maintaining accurate platform-level data and understanding the overall platform picture
- Gathering, interpreting and reporting on broad content insights across active PlayStation platforms for planning purposes as needed
- Identifying any broad macro trends as they emerge in relation to the general flow of content through the platform on ingestion-related topics
- Acting as key internal point of contact with specific SIE teams when providing SME/source of knowledge support for the wider SIE business
- Reviewing and providing feedback on SIE’s partner onboarding process and SLA/legal compliance for content in relation to new platform licensees
- Reviewing and providing feedback in order to improve SIE’s hardware processes
- Conducting regular meetings with relevant stakeholders at PlayStation to ensure thorough understanding of their needs and feedback at all times
- Proposing improvements and on-going process streamlining to continually improve efficiency and service delivery
- Genuine passion for video games, technology and end user experience
- Broad awareness of the games market, current and future games platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Patient, persistent, discrete, pragmatic/realistic and diplomatic
- A starter and finisher with ability to persevere, package ideas into strategies, champion ideas and work through transformational change to deliver results
- Data-centric and analytical with good planning skills and fine attention to detail
- Detail and 'big-picture' conscious
- Excellent negotiation and advocacy skills including ability to clearly communicate with technical and business stakeholders
- Process driven but with the ability to free-think where required
- Extensive and relevant games industry experience
- Understanding of the relationship between Publisher & Developer and of Development and Publishing process preferred
- Games industry background strongly desired
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.