PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIE's Global Fraud Management and Security Teams are the guardians of customer trust for PlayStation® and PSN. We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the platform, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
At SIE we use a variety of the most cutting edge tools. Huge amounts of data and plenty of changes and challenges keep us involved each day, we work hard but we play too. We also maintain a fun, friendly and casual work place which we enjoy in sunny California.
SIE is committed to building a next generation fraud and risk platform that will support the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, PlayStation® consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation® TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation® Vue, PlayStation® Music, PlayStation® Video and PlayStation® Now.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
On the SDS (Security Data Solutions) team you will be assisting us in development and operation of our services in the cloud. You will provide reporting, data movement, collection, processing and storage for the GFM team. You will help us create and support tools, and monitor over 1,000 job executions daily.
As a team member of SDS you be using a wide array of skills and technologies to support the teams in the department and outside of the department. The mission of fighting fraud daily can involve anything from short term (a few weeks) to long term projects (6+ months).
Your responsibility is to provide data, dashboards, reports and systems for the teams to do their daily jobs.
We have lots of challenges, things change, and you get to be creative as you tackle problems and build solutions.
- Ability to collect, transform and load data to and from databases, files, reporting tools, convert file formats
- Expertise in visualizing data, using standard line, bar and pie charts as well as more complex, rich and interactive charts and techniques
- Easily creates reporting work products that produce ppts, pdfs, xls, integrates and provides as email attachments when required
- Reading and writing files to and from folders, databases
- Complex workflow development and error handling
- Setting up scheduled jobs, automation of tasks, alerts
- Running incremental loads, handling large volumes of data
- Passion for protecting Sony and its customers
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 8+ years of related experience
- Reporting and Dashboarding skills
- Deep experience in Tableau and similar tools, QlikView, MicroStrategy. Cognos
- Experience in ETL Tools - Matillion or similar tools, Informatica, Talend, Abinitio
- Strong experience with data
- Files and file formats - csv,xml,json, avro
- SQL - writing, reading, tuning, debugging
- Database experience
- Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL, Dynamo, Redshift, Redis, Memcached
- Data table design skills, DML
- Understanding SQL execution – explain plan and query optimization
- General knowledge in Linux/Unix Administration/Windows Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management/enterprise schedulers
- Knowledge of standard methodologies and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Ability to document processes, architecture of systems/data flows, project planning, agile methodology
- System monitoring and alerting skills
- Presentation skills, ability to train team members, create training materials
- Reporting/BI Tools – Tableau, Splunk
- Experience calling APIs
- Cloud technology knowledge and experience - AWS or similar service
- knowledge of core components
- File storage - s3
- Streaming Data and Messaging - Kinesis, Kafka, SQS
- Data processing - EMR, Spark, Hadoop
- Graph Database and Visualization experience
- Basic Knowledge of Payments Processing and CNP (Card Not Present) Fraud
- Streams – Kinesis, Kafka, ActiveMQ
- Cloud- Common Services, AMIs, instances, automation- Packer, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.