PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Software Engineering DevOps
Do you have strong technical abilities, excellent communication skills and can be an inspiration to your team to achieve extraordinary results? The DevOps team within our Client Engineering department plays a critical role in enabling our development teams to build great experiences for our customers. We are looking for a seasoned leader with hands on experience to lead the DevOps automation and CI/CD development efforts for our next generation PlayStation console.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire a dedicated team of Software Engineers working on build, integration and deployment tools
- Lead multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production
- Lead day-to-day activities of the team using the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results
- Collaborate across business units and product teams to develop and execute against the team vision, strategy, and roadmap
- Collaborate with team members from our San Francisco and Japan offices
- You have built and led high performing engineering teams
- You are experienced in building and managing complex and highly scalable/available systems
- You are highly experienced with Continuous Integration Tools and building CI/CD pipelines
- You have 5+ years of experience in Software development
- You have spent 3+ years in an engineering leadership position
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- You have prior people management or mentorship experience
- You are bilingual in Japanese
- You have experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environments
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.