PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Engineer, Client Engineering
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a Staff level engineer to join our established, high performance team in the SoMa district of downtown San Francisco. This group applies web technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation, which millions of customers around the world interact with daily.
- Collaborate/Partner with other teams including Testing, multi-functional, Project Management and Product Management on successful delivery of systems.
- Employ a hands-on approach to lead the Development team, both by coding, as well as coaching, empowering and mentoring team members
- Facilitate/lead reviews (walkthroughs) or grooming sessions and demos of innovative technical specifications and program code with other members of the technical team; communicating design, feature set, functionality and limitations of systems/applications to team and development lead.
- Mentoring – you love to share knowledge and are good at it. You are comfortable training a new team member on the features you are responsible for testing, demonstrating interesting tools and techniques you have found to be effective to your tea
- You have an object oriented development background and are passionate about front end web technologies.
- You have development experience on at least 4 projects with total project team size greater than 3 team members and has acted as lead developer on at least one project impacting multiple business units and providing technical leadership for at least 3 developers.
- You love maintaining your technical skills and expertise through continuing education and training.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 4+ years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- You have 8+ years of Software Development experience
- You have developed high-performance user interfaces
- You are driven and passionate about producing amazing software for our customers
- You take initiative to seek problems beyond those stated
- You can influence an organization’s technical agenda and roadmap
- You have led development and provided technical engineering vision of medium to large sized applications and new technologies
- RESTful API’s
- React / ReactNative
- GraphQL / Redux
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.