PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Project Manager
San Mateo, CA
The PlayStation Store and Services (inc. PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now and 3rd Party video) businesses have continued to deliver massive growth and operate in a state of continual change and evolution, motivated by both technology enablement and new business opportunities.
The Associate Project Manager role is part of the Global Store & Services Business Change & Project Management team reporting to a local line manager, and responsible for supporting GSS (and the wider PlayStation business) with change delivery in this business area. You will focus on the PlayStation Store experience, backend commerce platform and tooling underpinning operations—initiated from different areas; business strategy, legal regulations, product developments, new opportunities or optimization of internal operations.
The role requires an enthusiastic and flexible teammate, with ability to communicate and collaborate across organizational levels and geographies and creativity with approaching and solving business problems.
Key Duties and Tasks
Communication & Collaboration
- You are responsible for the readiness of the GSS business to operate solutions delivered by Product and Engineering teams via structured project delivery planning, impact analysis and ensuring actions are tracked and delivered against.
- You will partner with GSS teams to translate their strategy and found opportunities in to executable projects
- You will provide clear and professional communication to relevant partners and project teams – through email, face to face meetings and project status updates.
Creative Problem Solving & Robust Solutions
- Be able to observe, understand, question and articulate business needs, in order to ensure, as early as possible, that solutions to business problems or opportunities are fit for purpose, both operationally, legally and commercially.
- Develop a deep knowledge of PlayStation tools, processes, people and practices to inform the appropriate solution to a business problem and to mobilize the right teams to make it happen.
- Analyze and review developed solutions during and post-development to ensure that requirements are met and ready for stakeholder Business Acceptance testing & sign-off.
- Create time for retrospective review of all newly delivered projects against pre-agreed key performance indicators (KPIs), and feeding back in to the wider change team, business partners, Product Management and engineering to ensure continuous improvement of product delivery and business operations.
- Be confident to challenge how things are done at all levels and provide suggestions for improvement on process and operations with an impartial and holistic perspective.
Skills & Characteristics
- Program management – experienced in leading multiple active projects and balancing resource in line with business priorities
- Project initiation, ensuring robust project structure and planning
- Creative and energetic teammate who is adaptive to change and have a desire to continually improve
- Ability to move projects forward with some ambiguity in some instances
- Strong communication skills, a dedicated attitude and delivery focused
- Patient, persistent, pragmatic and diplomatic
- A starter and finisher
- Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Both detail and 'big-picture' conscious
- Able to operate and communicate at a senior level within Sony as required
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with key global partners
As the role is global, international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours
- E-commerce industry background
- Understanding of Digital content management and publishing processes
- General awareness of the games market, current and future entertainment platforms
- Minimum of 3 years commercial project delivery experience including:
- Demonstrable experience of end to end project delivery, from conception to testing and post implementation review
- Relationship and partnership management
- Requirements elicitation and business needs workshops
- Business acceptance testing (UAT)
- Working with Agile
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.