PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Job Summary: The Manager, Software QA Engineering will join our Client team and will be in charge of end-to-end QA of applications for PlayStation consoles. You will be responsible for leading quality engineering of customer-facing applications in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Examples of your responsibilities and impact would include:
- Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together, developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy, helping to define QA processes, and coordinating complex QA activities on a variety of projects.
- Building checklists and DODs (definition of done) for software testing, performance and deployment.
- You will work with a team of test engineers to ensure the highest quality product delivery, and define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- You will partner with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements.
- You will lead and respond to Software Quality Assurance issues with concerned groups such as development, product management and customer support.
- You will set and drive expectations around quality for major releases, grounded in solid customer impact and product understanding. You will act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering.
- You will develop test strategies, creating appropriate test harnesses, lead and run a technical team of onsite test engineers.
- Owning the development and execution of test plans, and monitoring and reporting on test execution.
- Providing timely and accurate QA status and progress during all project testing phases, including summarizing QA results at project conclusion.
- Anticipating product release problems and taking corrective action, and resolving and achieving commitments.
- Implementing improvements to process and recommending alternative testing.
- Supporting test automation processes, and adopting the right test automation platform.
- Directly supervising Quality Assurance Engineers and Testers including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
- Selecting and utilizing tools and methodologies to ensure that software tests identify defects and align with quality standards.
- Reviewing documentation before it is sent out to External Customers.
- Software QA Automation experience, especially UI and end-to-end automation
- Deep understanding and experience in CI/CD
- Advanced understanding and experience with OPS such as Selenium or Appium
- Experience managing on and offshore teams
- Have led multiple product releases
- Self-motivated, independent, and enthusiastic
- 3+ years successful software QA management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Working knowledge of QA in Agile methodologies
- Able to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong commitment to quality and ability to work closely and communicate effectively with developers and project managers across multiple teams
- Ability to lead testing activities and recommend process improvement opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various cross functional teams to deliver high quality products
- Highly effective communicator and problem solver
- Willingness to learn and implement new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong talent development and leadership skills
- Experience working with console or set-top box devices
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.