PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Graphics Engineering, Global Developer Technology Group
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We will consider Team Lead to Manager level professional experience.
The Global Developer Technology Group is built of multiple engineering teams that provide support to PlayStation® licensed developers. We insure that their content is best on our platforms. Here, we build expertise by working with state of the art hardware & software. This enables us to come up with creative technical solutions that impact AAA content hosted on our platform.
You will manage a team of forward-thinking engineers to develop technical solutions, content, optimizations, and tools on the PlayStation® platform graphics domain for our licensed developers.
- You provide strategic direction to an engineering team that delivers innovative graphics technologies and support to our licensed developers.
- Develop and review processes to maximize the team’s operational efficiency.
- Develop and manage projects, research, and training that will ensure technical expertise are appropriately covered within the team.
- You provide hands-on technical leadership and guidance to your team members.
- Establish a culture that promotes innovation, ownership, and drive.
- Active contributor as a member of the engineering management team.
- You should have at least 5 years' professional experience developing graphics engines, GPU performance analysis and optimizations.
- The last 2 years as a team lead or manager of a graphics engineering team.
- Strong hands-on programming ability with C and C++.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to all levels of engineering.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- PlayStation® 4 engine development experience and/or game console development.
- Knowledge of current generation GPU architecture.
- A released title on a PlayStation® platform.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.