PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Content and Services Planning Specialist
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a real passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of Sony Interactive Entertainment has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We’re are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution.
As part of GSS, the Global Content and Services Planning team will be responsible for collecting and delivering the commercial priorities by working in partnership with the Content Lifecycle Management, Services, Conversion Optimization Rate and Marketing teams. Reporting to the Global Content and Services Planning Manager, the Senior Content and Services Planning Specialist will be the team’s representative in America.
You should be an enthusiastic and flexible teammate, with excellent planning skills, a demonstrable, collaborative mindset, and a strong analytical mind that thrives in a dynamic commercial environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help implement a new content and services planning tool across the GSS department and territories (tool development, guidelines creation, trainings, etc.)
- Ensure internal teams have visibility on all PlayStation Store content and services activities (e.g. game releases, live services, promotions, PlayStation Plus, etc.)
- Work with the Global Content & Services Manager, the Content Lifecycle Management team, the Services team and the BP&I teams to define and share commercial priorities (global and regional) to other internal partners in order to facilitate appropriate support across store, BTL and ATL channels.
- Track and capture content and services weekly performance; compare with last year's performance
- Act as the Commercial Management coordination lead for assigned activities and represent the team in America
- Build and manage relationships with key partners in the digital store team and across the wider PlayStation business.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience of digital retail and / or product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Creative and energetic teammate who embraces change and a desire to continually improve
- Ability to understand other teams’ needs; resourceful in finding solutions to business problems
- Gifted presenter able to articulate information widely from senior management summaries to detailed information to specialists.
- Strong communication skills, an enthusiastic attitude and delivery focused
- Data-centric & analytical with good planning skills and commercial focus
- Strong ability to develop influential and cultivate relationships; proven experience of building strong internal relationships across departments and of driving collaborative behaviours within teams
- Experience in working as part of a team that crosses multiple countries and time zones. Flexibility and capacity to collaborate with global counterparts and global business operations.
- Patient, persistent, pragmatic and diplomatic
- Both detail and 'big-picture' conscious
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.