PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Engineer - Engineering Telemetry
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a senior-level engineer to join our established, high-performance front end tooling team to build and support engineering and business analytics. We apply web technologies to the core user experience on PlayStation®4, web, and beyond, with which millions of customers around the world interact daily.
We employ Agile methodologies, use modern software development paradigms, and focus on continuous improvement in the delivery of analytics for our partners. This is an opportunity to be part of one of the world’s most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across North America, as well as Japan and Europe.
- You will produce excellent design, development, testing, and documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- You will contribute to existing and develop new common software components to benefit other SIE client applications
- Tutor and coach junior Engineers within the development team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in lieu of a degree
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient with at least one widely adopted single page application (SPA) architecture
- You have owned the development and provided technical engineering vision for medium to large sized applications
- Experience in performance tuning network-connected applications
- Experience shipping 2-3 consumer-facing, web applications
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious with an ability to take initiative
- Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well
- Restful API’s
- Analytics experience
- C++ or object-oriented programming
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Experience with Git
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.