PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Software Engineering
San Francisco, CA
This position is with our Client Engineering team, supporting the development of best in class user facing applications on our next generation game console. You will be responsible for overseeing engineering quality in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- You will create a solid development plan by collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams such as Product Management, Program Management, UX/UI Design, and Server teams.
- Improve the overall development process; identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting improvements
- Act as a strong advocate for performance, quality, and user delight in the product development process for software engineering
- Lead and facilitate the growth of a technical team of onsite engineers
- Provide timely and accurate development status and progress during all stages of the project life cycle, from early ideation to post-delivery monitoring
- Opportunities for multiple concurrent projects
- You have 5+ years experience as a software engineer
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery workflowsY
- You have managed multiple product releases
- You are motivated, independent, and a self-starter.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of software development in Agile methodologies
- Ability to lead software development activities and recommend process improvement
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work with various multi-functional teams to deliver high quality products
- Highly effective communicator and problem solver
- You can learn and implement new processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong talent development and leadership skills
- Bilingual in Japanese
- Experience working with console or set-top box devices
- Prior people management or mentorship experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.