PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer, Mobile
San Francisco, CA
You will be a key member of our mobile app team, to determine the core infrastructure of our next generation of cross-platform mobile applications to enhance our PlayStation ecosystem.
Explore the PlayStation App: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4/app/
- You will refine business requirements for implementation in the PlayStation mobile app (PS App).
- Develop mobile app using modern Agile techniques such as SCRUM. You will collaborate with UX, Product Manager to break down requirements to work packages and craft compelling mobile user experiences.
- You will develop production quality application in a client-side framework such as React Native.
- Design and develop reusable cross platform UI components. You will apply architectural design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, MVP.
- Collaborate with an international team of developers (USA/Japan).
- You will build and incorporate various frameworks.
- You will also be called upon to represent the team in technical forums, to present designs, and to share experiences with other Sony software development organizations.
- A real passion for developing fluid user experiences.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of iOS/Android development experience.
- Experience developing a complex web-service integrated iOS/Android application.
- Experience writing multi-threaded applications.
- A deep familiarity with Objective-C/Swift and Cocoa Touch or Java and Android Studio
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and new technologies.
- Experience with Agile development methodology (ex: Scrum).
- Experience measuring UI/App performance, especially around UI response time and network use.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.