PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation has a great career opportunity for you! Are you a motivated and creative individual who enjoys investigating new technologies with the ability to design innovative hardware systems? Our opportunity would allow you the chance to work with PlayStation's groundbreaking peripheral devices from concept to production.
We seek a motivated engineer with a shown history of researching dynamic hardware-based technologies while designing, developing and facilitating the manufacturing of consumer electronic products. You will be responsible for collaborating with multi-functional teams to ensure the quality of state of the art products. If this is you, please apply!
- You will drive electrical engineering efforts, including: schematic, board layout, test, and validation of designs from concept to production.
- Organize lab equipment and run electrical, firmware, and system level test.
- Analyze and characterize the hardware design against the specification.
- Build and maintain design documentation.
- Investigate and evaluate key components and/or systems and establish the relationship with key vendors.
- Participate in technical discussion and collaborate with mechanical, firmware, software engineer, and product management.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 20% time.
- Min. of 3 years' recent hands-on experience designing hardware including schematic, board layout, and validation test.
- Schematic and layout design experience using Cadence OrCAD/Allegro or equivalent.
- Strong lab skills for analyzing, debugging, and reworking hardware.
- Experience with multiple areas of the following: Audio and/or video technologies, batteries and power management, RF/Wireless technologies (Bluetooth and WiFi), USB, rigid and/or flexible PCB, EMI, signal integrity, power integrity, statistical data analysis.
- Experience working with component vendors, JDM, ODM, CM partners.
- Experience working independently with minimal guidance and experience handling multiple tasks.
- Familiarity with hardware production technologies including HDI, DFM, and FMEA for consumer products.
- Familiarity with manufacturing and oversea production.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering or a closely-related field.
- Masters of Science degree in a related field.
- Experience with wireless and/or audio commercial products.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD tool and 3D printing mechanical development.
- Familiarity with C and C++ software programming.
- Familiarity with ARM-cortex firmware development.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.