PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test, C++ and Python
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
We will consider mid-level to senior professional experience for this position. We are also exploring a Lead and Manager position of the same hands-on profile.
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has a great career opportunity for you! We seek a SDET to support the quality activities being performed within PlayStation’s R&D throughout the software creation process. Here, you will develop automation scripts and test state-of-the-art audio, video, graphics and SDK projects. The work you would do would ensure the highest software quality on the PlayStation platform. If this is you, please apply!
- You are passionate about developing test plans, test cases, and analyzing test coverage for assigned projects.
- Program in Python and C++ to craft and optimize test automation scripts.
- Execute both automated and manual test suites, maintain the bug database to identify, track and analyze issues.
- Build an in-depth knowledge of all PlayStation Audio, Video and Graphics knowledge.
- Generate test reports for tasks performed.
- You will strive to apply real world applications to improve ongoing testing coverage.
- Research current testing methodology and apply new methodology and process to current testing process.
- Professional experience programming with both C++ and Python.
- The drive to craft new testing plans and tools, in order to validate PlayStation software.
- Having an interest in automation to a level where you can discuss the pros and cons of various automation approaches.
- Exposure to continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or BuildBot.
- You should have clear verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work independently or with development team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- Test engineering experience, dedication to test design and development.
- Game content creation pipeline and DCC Tools such as Maya and ZBrush.
- Familiarity with Unreal, Unity, or other game engine technology.
- Experience with Game Audio and Video is desirable.
- Experience with 3D graphics API experience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.