PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Product Marketing Manager
San Mateo, CA
The Global Product Marketing team is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to be responsible for informing and strengthening strategy and goals in the near and long term for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation Pro, and future lines of products. Reporting to the Group Manager of Global Product Marketing and armed with your business insight and product knowledge, you will sit on the front line of bringing new products to market and enabling teams to execute against product market strategies.
Main Areas of Responsibility/Key Performance Indicators:
As a part of the Platform Marketing team within SIE's Global Marketing division, you will have a unique opportunity to empower the strategies behind market execution of PlayStation consoles. This responsibility is key and your role will partner with Consumer Insights, Analytics, 1st Party Game Marketing, 3rd Party Relations, and Brand Marketing teams. These partnerships will help you develop a holistic understanding of the business and together you will drive detailed product marketing strategies that generate market success for PlayStation and our content partners. In addition, you will create exec-level presentations to educate the business on a wide range of insights within the PlayStation ecosystem. This will be achieved through your role as a key stakeholder in building insights through consumer research and analytics, performing analysis on potential content marketing decisions, leading global hardware and software roadmaps, and setting success KPIs.
You are passionate about data-driven decisions built from your ability to draw insights from information. You have a talent for making sense of a complex, and sometimes challenging, set of considerations; a knack for crafting extraordinary presentations and a strong aptitude for building comprehensive, strategic recommendations. You are sharp and have an analytical mind that can understand and define complex problems with the skill of adjusting perspective from narrow to wide, depending on the circumstances. Your strong relationship-building skills will aid you as you develop close relationships with key internal partners to work through product planning. Led by a desire to put the customer first, you’ll find new ways PlayStation can continue to inspire our customers.
- Manage Product Marketing’s annual strategic planning for consoles
- Analyze market and customer dynamics affecting PlayStation platforms
- Develop extraordinary executive presentations
- Review and organize analytics and research projects with internal partners
- Maintain hardware & software roadmaps
- Support for content partnerships
- Product positioning for new product launches
- Ad hoc strategic recommendations and related analysis/modeling
- Travel, including international, as necessary
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- BA/BS degree (MBA preferred)
- 4-6 years’ experience developing product and/or corporate strategy or relevant consulting experience
- Ability to think critically about a wide and challenging set of data
- Relevant experience in entertainment or technology strategic planning and analysis
- Natural analytical and reasoning skills
- Advanced PowerPoint Skills
- Excel wizardry
- Maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Aim for results. Commitment to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of complex obstacles/roadblocks
- Big collaborator. Work productively & co-operatively with peers and across matrices.
- MBA or significant experience in product/corporate strategy
- Experience designing extraordinary presentations (i.e. advanced Photoshop)
- Passion for games and brands
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to form deep and trusted relationships, across organizations, to achieve common goals.
- Experience collaborating with and presenting to cross-functional teams.
- An energetic, ambitious, enthusiastic, focused, hard-working and an extraordinary teammate
- Dedicated and organized, with ability to lead complex plans with multiple internal/external partners
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.