PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Engineer II- Java
Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is passionate about new technologies to join our dynamic team and help us develop software for our PlayStation Network. This extraordinary network provides online services for the PS4, Web, PS3, PSP, Vita, Tablets, mobile phones, PC, Bravia TVs and more. We build large internal enterprise applications which integrate and support such services as Movie/TV Show streaming, PSN gaming commerce and much more. Our environment is fun, high energy, and diverse.
The primary role for this position will be to build back-end applications and components and the integration with third party systems. You will work with peers on the development of large scale systems that support other Sony's businesses in the digital content area. The role will primarily be focused on development and delivery of projects. This entails architecture, coding, unit testing, bug fixing, and assistance in the deployment to production as well as maintenance knowledge transfers.
- Write Java code for internal application development
- Write and execute unit tests using the JUnit framework
- Apply and help refine coding standards
- Create required documentation including low-level design documents
- Ownership of the implementation of mid-size to large features
- Design mid-size features or implement more complex features as designed by technical lead
- Communicate estimates, schedules, issues and dependencies to technical or project lead
- Increase expertise in the areas of development related to the assigned projects
- Identify and address issues independently
- Fix bugs and provide support for business and maintenance teams
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code
- Perform knowledge shares
- Aggressively improve development processes
- 3+ years experience with java-based web application development using MVC technologies
- 3 + years experience with RDBMS and writing SQL queries
- Experience with XML related technologies (XML, XSL, JAXP) and JSON
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience of object modeling, analysis and design
- Experience with using source control systems (e.g. Git, Perforce, etc…)
- 2+ years experience utilizing JUnit and other testing frameworks
- Proven experience developing and delivering both consumer facing web based solutions and intranet/extranet type applications for internal users and partners
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Experience using Linux or UNIX-variant operating systems
- Experience with advanced web UI technologies (e.g. JQuery, AngularJs, ReactJs)
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL/Aurora database
- Experience with hosting applications in AWS/cloud
- Experience in SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience developing shell or Perl scripts
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.