PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Training Manager, Consumer Experience
San Mateo, CA or San Diego, CA
This role reports to the Training & Quality Manager and will be part of the Global Consumer Experience team, responsible for assessing and positively impacting upon quality and training of Consumer Experience.
The Training Manager will work closely with PlayStation’s internal teams and external BPO partners and is responsible for identifying and addressing training requirements for Americas, covering English, Spanish, Portuguese and French-Canadian languages, across 4 locations.
They will be responsible for leading, reviewing and creating training documentation, as well as delivery of training when required, refresher programmes and product information such as a new feature or product launches.
- Identify specific training requirements, knowledge gaps and quality challenges, proposing and implement solutions
- Create and maintain Consumer Experience training documents and devise training roadmaps, ensuring we are aligned as global team.
- Design and use creative training methods to increase speed to proficiency
- Build and lead new hire training & induction programme in partnership with the BPO
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and return on investment periodically and report on them
- Understanding of budget
- Maintains understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods
Essential Experience / Skills
- Critical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under own initiative, take ownership of processes and devise solutions to identified challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
- A Flexible and dynamic approach in an environment that is constantly evolving
- Time Management
- Experience of working against defined goals
- Knowledge and experience of online gaming, online media and digital content
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business or Human Resources
- Understanding of cultural differences that may impact consumer and agent expectations
- Experience of operating against defined goals.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.