We are looking for an accomplished Senior Financial Systems Application Analyst to join Sony PlayStation’s Regional Financial Planning & Analysis team (FP&A). This role would be part of a team that is responsible for operations and support of the Region’s financial planning & analytics environment, primarily based on Hyperion Essbase / Planning solutions sitting on top of SAP ERP system.
This position prepares, maintains, and leads the process and informational flows for reporting SIEA’s consolidated income statement; management reports comparing actual results to budget or forecast; and presentation of summaries and analysis on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis used by management of SIEA and SIE LLC. The position also ensures that the budgeting/forecasting/reporting tool (Hyperion) is configured to accurately reflect the statutory results within the GL (SAP) along with supporting our Finance users during actual month end and planning reporting cycles. You will work closely with peer financial and business teams to continuously optimize timelines, processes, and system automation.
The data flowing through SAP ERP to our platform (Hyperion) directly contributes to decision-making by our CFO and all levels of finance leadership. If you’re passionate about building tools that enhance productivity, improve financial accuracy for finance user base, come join us!
- Perform a range of system activities includes monitoring cube build process every night from SAP that support critical forecast/plan cycle delivery and monthly Accounting close support, including various aspects of financial statement modeling (profit & loss) and scenario/version retention & analysis. Common activities include dimension & hierarchy management, user authentication & authorization, data import & archival, job scheduling, and ad hoc troubleshooting.
- Prepare standard management reports (forecast, month-end, quarterly, annual) to SIE LLC, SIEA regional management and business unit management on budget/forecast to actual variance.
- Collaborate with FPA peers and Finance/IT leadership to further demonstrate SAP/Hyperion reporting tool and develop detail general ledger design requirements for current and future business needs.
- Work with multi-functional teams to develop, and continuously improve, solutions that accelerate cycle times, alleviate cumbersome manual processes, and ensure financial results are accurate.
- Make overall recommendation for further development of the department (people, process, tools) that will ensure optimal reporting, analysis and support for SIEA and future business requirements
- Manage ongoing user & system support activity according to priority.
- Provide analysis and trends on business by segment, region and business unit on demand.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Finance/Accounting, or a related discipline.
- 5 -6 Years of experience in field of systems/computer science working primarily for business
- Reporting, supporting financial planning/budgeting teams (Gross Profit and expenses).
- Knowledge of SQL, RDBMS database interaction, data warehousing concepts, or third-party ETL tools.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and automations using VBA Macros.
- Superb communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Self starter with a positive attitude, professional demeanor, and strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Meaningful to have good work ethic (work until job is done mentality)
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase / Planning or any related OLAP technologies (SAP BPC etc.)
- Knowledge of Oracle Planning and Budgeting cloud (PBCS / EPBCS).
- Knowledge of SAP Business Objects tools for reporting & analysis.
- Writing / Solving Windows batch scripts or Unix shell scripts for cube build automation’s.
- Fundamental understanding of GAAP accounting and statutory reporting is a big plus.
- CPA, MBA is also a huge plus.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.