Join our award-winning God of War team!
We are looking for a Senior Technical UI Scripter to partner with the UI/UX and Design Teams to develop and implement a range of User Interface and User Experience content and functionality. As a Senior Technical UI Scripter, you must possess the ability to collaborate with engineers, artists and designers to drive technical implementation and asset creation. This role uses a combination of creativity, technical skills, and internal tools to script and set up UI elements. This is a hands-on, in-engine scripting role.
You will participate in implementing the player experience, not just menus and on-screen overlays, but also elements that communicate information to the player in general. You should be passionate and knowledgeable about UI and UX, and be able to articulate an understanding of a wide variety of technical approaches to UI and UX.
Help us to create amazing world-leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Implement and debug a variety of UI and UX elements for the project using LUA scripting.
- Create and/or integrate assets, implement scripting, and test functionality of UI components.
- Maintain strict oversight of UI memory usage, including profiling and analyzing data.
- Improve the UI framework, including script efficiency, modularity, and flexibility.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of a functioning, iterative UI pipeline, in collaboration with other disciplines.
- Technical problem solving and optimization of the UI.
- Work with QA team to set up UI test cases and support automated UI testing solutions.
- Support and supplement the creative vision of the UX Lead, Game Director, Art Director, and Design Director, achieving clarity and visual quality within technical constraints.
- Work with the UI Art Team to implement pixel perfect UI that maximizes clear communication of information to the player. In addition to a front-end shell and options menus, this might also include (but is not limited to) in game HUD, navigation display, inventory/equipment UI systems, and other player progression systems.
- Professional experience with LUA Scripting.
- 5+ years in game development, with some experience in UI implementation role.
- Experience with Maya or equivalent preferred.
- Completed at least one full AAA development cycle.
- Computer Science, Engineering, or Technical Art background preferred.
- Experience with C/C++/C# preferred.
- Must be team oriented, and have strong communication/documentation skills.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.