PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Head of PlayStation Creators
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is home for diverse content and diverse creators and we need a leader to balance our business for this dynamic market segment. Indie and F2P publishers represent an important and growing part of the PlayStation family and we are looking to further develop our relationships and business with the community.
Reporting into the Head of Global Account Management, you will fully own and be responsible for PlayStations relationship with the global Indie and F2P gaming segment.
You will define, own and deliver the global commercial and strategic objectives for the account segment, acting as the senior most person representing Sony to this incredible group.
You'll own long term strategic planning and lead commercial business planning for the assigned market and will develop a long term strategy to support develop and build a brand for PlayStation within the community. The successful candidate must have a good eye for new content and prioritize PlayStations support for emerging new games or developers.
Partner happiness is key, and as the senior liaison for our Indie Partners, you will own the overall health of our relationships. You will nurture trusted and preferred partner relationships and will be the most senior advocate for our business in this market.
The Head will be the most recognizable evangelist for PlayStation with Indie developers, and will frequently represent PlayStation at trade shows, developer events and other speaking events. You will be responsible for fully developing and owning PlayStation’s brand within the community.
You will lead a global team of account managers in San Mateo, London and Tokyo, crafting a global organization to fully address the market needs.
As a key leader in the Global Account Management team, you will help set the culture and rhythm of business for the organization. Ensuring that all team members are engaged and that proper governance exists to achieve departmental goals.
- Act as primary liaison for all facets of partners business within PlayStation.
- Support and lead an international team to ensure account needs are being met and provide leadership and mentorship as needed.
- Act as a constant evangelist for the PlayStation brand and PlayStation services and features within PlayStation and within the community.
- Work with executive leadership to understand market dynamics, shifting consumer demands, and help prioritize plans to meet future market needs.
- Develop and implement normal external and internal cadence of business performance reviews, post-mortems and account improvements.
- Generate, own and execute long term strategic plan for PlayStations business within the market and develop the business case for any incremental support.
- Find opportunities and lead investment and formal co-marketing partnerships with the Partner.
- Ensure internal teams aligned to deliver and support key content and initiatives.
- Develop critical metrics and key performance indicators and conduct performance analysis for key content and initiatives.
- Work with the Partner and internal teams to deliver standard methodologies across the whole product lifecycle.
- Develop ongoing governance and standard methodology with other Global Account Directors.
- Mentor and lead Account Managers globally.
- Identify and deliver content suitable for specific platform activity and campaigns (PS Now, PS+, PS Hits etc.).
- Identify Partner content to drive a PlayStation message and point of difference.
- Advanced Degree in Business, Marketing or Commensurate Relevant Experience.
- 15+ Years Total Experience in game publishing, game development or marketing, especially with smaller and indie publishers
- Business Planning and Revenue Management expertise, with the ability to build and execute on new business cases
- Significant team management experience, leading teams of 15+ People.
- Well-known advocate for indie developers with instant credibility in the market place
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.