PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
- Security research and fixes for new issues:
Lead security research activities to find new attack patterns as well as other new bad activities including but not limited to spam, cheating, console hacking, and password list attack.
This responsibility includes
- Learning regular pattern of server functions from legitimate access sources by working with other product security team members
- Identifying new patterns of attacks utilizing existing log data
- Tuning detection logic of bad activities in order to maximize detection while avoiding false positives
- Arranging continuous 24x7 monitoring for new findings with other security teams
- Requesting fixes for various issues by working with other application security engineers
- Planning of security research
Help supervisor to plan security research scope and activities.
This responsibility includes
- Consideration of scope expansion of security research based on team capacity
- Prioritize areas for security research and the scope based on business risk consideration
- Request tools needed for better security research
- Security investigation:
Lead security investigation based on inquiry from other organizations like console security, legal, CS or PR based on knowledge of security research
- Policy, Strategy: Assist with policy and strategy discussions for detection thresholds and penalties for bad actors based on findings from security research.
- Design and documentation: Design detection, monitoring, and security operations as well as keeping them well documented and easily understood.
- Mentor: Mentor team members and related parties on security research, detection, monitoring, and how we should address various cases of abuse.
- Splunk Developer: Develop Splunk queries, dashboards and reports to help security research and operations. Keep them well documented.
- Mentor: Mentor team members and related persons, such as providing training and assisting in the development of Splunk queries and dashboards.
- B.S. degree
- Security Research
- 1+ years of experience in IT security research and security operation
- Strong skill in security research and access log analysis
- Good understanding in various fraud and abuse activities (Account Take Over, Password List Attack, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience as Splunk developer
- Advanced analytic skill using Splunk
- Advanced Splunk knowledge and experience with Splunk in security research and operation
- Strong skill in dashboard design and ability to rapidly develop functional queries/dashboards
- 2+ years of experience in SQL
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering and/or IT security
- Ability to work with Data Volumes in TB and prepare optimized searches
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with related teams including software engineering, server operation, customer support, and management.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good skills in documentation and presentation
- Experience in gaming industry
- Knowledge in PlayStation services
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.