PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Consumer Experience Compliance Program Manager
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is for everyone. Today we’re innovating into the future of entertainment systems, games and apps with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. And we connect players to us, each other, and exciting content with services such as PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Vue, and PlayStation Network.
To maintain Sony PlayStation’s status as the global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, we rely on our Global Quality team of experts to coordinate and build processes and procedures to ensure quality compliance on all Consumer Experience projects.
As the Consumer Experience Compliance Program Manager, you are a results-driven thinker who has a high level of respect for compliance and adherence. You are flexible to adapt to shifting consumer experience needs. You have experience performing under pressure in a dynamic environment and can partner across an organizational matrix to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines. You are passionate about online gaming and have an interest in media and entertainment.
Your contribution will directly impact Sony Interactive Entertainment’s core business and drive operational excellence. You will be a part of our group dedicated to compliance and certification for our upcoming entertainment platforms and award-winning titles! As part of the Quality group, you will work closely with project managers, developers, Consumer Experience partners, and Analytics to ensure our initiatives meet SIE’s technical standards as well as internal publishing and legal standards.
- Conduct testing with internal and external teams to reach Sony compliance on all SIE projects.
- Work with front-end and online content developers to guide feature and functionality development to be aligned with distribution platform and internal standards.
- Be the funnel for all SIE compliance and platform technology bugs to add any relevant information in the form of standards documentation, call stacks, and historical data
- Lead and report Sony QMS 433 ensuring monthly reporting and standards are delivered on.
- Run, audit and ensure the Consumer Service Data Retention Policy standards are accurate and maintained.
- Own and maintain Business Continuity Planning and version control through quarterly table-top exercises, process audits, maintenance and analysis. Collaborate with the Sony BCP team and lead new implementation BCP initiatives.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to execute on company initiatives surrounding Accessibility & Product Safety including the website, hardware & software tracking, and ability to partner with overall Sony on large projects including Sony Rewards.
- Host cross-functional meetings with a large number of contributors to ensure objectives are reached and each meeting is followed-up with notes, actions and owners
- Prepare and present findings to executive management team.
- Coordinate audits and ensure compliance with GDPR as well as Sony standards for protecting consumer, employee and company data.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years of project management, program management or product management.
- Consistent track record in handling and deploying large, complex programs.
- You are able to handle ambiguity, and a preparedness to take on what is necessary to get things done.
- Experience negotiating through challenging circumstances.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, fluid episodic environment with minimal supervision.
- Technical education or equivalent experience with working knowledge of common industry build and production tools.
- You have some scripting or programming experience.
- You are self-motivated and dedicated, with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Familiar with being part of a globally dispersed family, while at the same time delivering what is best for the company.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal, to all levels of an organization.
- You have a thorough understanding of consumer behavior and how it can be influenced.
- Detailed knowledge of the gaming industry and PlayStation heritage.
- Master’s degree or MBA in a related discipline.
- Strong fluency in console manufacture standards (Sony PlayStation)
- 5+ years experience working in a QA department in the Game industry.
- Experience with PCI-DSS framework in previous roles
- Experience translating compliance needs into internal training content
- Familiarity with waterfall and agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of analytics software e.g. Qlik, Tableau or MicroStrategy.
- Good technical understanding and the ability to pick up new tools quickly.
- Experience working in a multilingual environment and/or a good knowledge of another language.
- Experience working within the gaming industry a plus.
- Excellent teammate with a positive attitude who is fun to work with.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.