PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Business Development (Strategic Alliances)
Los Angeles, CA OR San Mateo, CA
The Manager will be a member of the Sony Interactive Entertainment Strategic Alliances team and help drive business development activities across the PlayStation platform. You will oversee new third-party partnership deal opportunities from initiation, negotiation, closing and continued account management. Internally championing projects, developing financial models for deal analysis, develop strategic frameworks, and ensuring successful launches. You will work with Sales, Marketing, R&D, Project Management, PR, Developer Support, Business Development, Legal, Finance and Product Planning groups to define partner revenue generation and co-marketing strategies and oversee implementation. You will participate in the development and ongoing refinement of the overall PlayStation non-game strategy globally and Video strategy for PlayStation in conjunction with the Strategic Planning team and other internal groups.
- Identify new sources of revenue and services opportunities related to premium app partners on the PlayStation network
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal marketing teams, research, product marketing, project management, engineering, product planning and legal to coordinate and execute premium app partners’ programs/opportunities
- Evaluate potential business partners to accelerate the expansion of digital media businesses as well as enhance overall consumer value propositions
- Coordinate internal and external resources in support of new products in the pipeline
- Manage relationships with key media and technology partners
- Craft business terms and take leadership role in deal negotiations
- Define business models for new product opportunities and develop business case and implementation plans
- Develop robust financial models for deal analysis to determine structure, support proposals, and influence negotiations for launching new services
- Identify and research emerging market trends, develop strategic frameworks and create supporting analyses to prioritize company resources
- Present business proposals and updates to stakeholders up to the Executive level
- Develop and report on KPI’s relative to the Business Development activities
- Develop and improve relationships with key app partners
- Schedule and drive quarterly reviews with premium app partners for various revenue generating and marketing engagements
- Identify strategic marketing opportunities with premium app partners. In conjunction with product planning and project management, lead outreach with app. partners/developers
- Identify and develop partner roadmap, opportunities from concept/ideation into robust business cases to deliver industry leading curated app content for PlayStation gamers
- Research and analyze industry/market trends, new business opportunities using various research sources and forecast methodologies.
- BA / Graduate degree a plus (MBA or JD)
- 4+ years of experience overall
- Superior relationship skills, including the ability to work with international teams
- Experience in digital media, Internet, technology or gaming industries preferred
- Knowledge of digital entertainment, including distribution models, platforms and types of content
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, including data analysis and financial modeling
- Prior experience within digital media, technology, gaming, consulting or investment banking is a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to author and deliver presentations
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.