PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Human Resources Business Partner
Aliso Viejo, CA
Do you enjoy providing strategic support, mentorship, and direction to senior leaders, managers and employees within the organization on HR related matters? Do you have a passion for establishing a learning culture and building strong connections? Then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for an HR Business Partner to provide guidance for assigned client groups—which include locations in California, Germany, Australia and Canada. The ideal candidate will understand the business needs, overall strategy and goals, culture and competition and align organizational and talent needs with business objectives.
- Partners with leaders to drive a high performing culture
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, and other talent development and retention activities
- Works with other HR Business Partners in rolling out corporate-wide HR initiatives to client groups
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence to support business needs, including learning and development, compensation and employee engagement
- Improves manager capability through coaching and implementation of management development programs and opportunities
- Helps to resolve complex employee issues through coaching employees and managers
- Designs and applies change management and organizational development strategies that influence and assist organizational change in support of business strategies
- Facilitates leadership sessions/workshops with the business units intending to solve for potential challenges or bring awareness to opportunities
- Assists in driving analytics, project planning and organization in the following areas: change management, workforce planning, organizational planning and talent management.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, and collaborates with HR functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations, and develop programs
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; PHR a plus
- 5-8 years previous experience and proven results in HR in a fast paced, high tech or creative environment
- Experience supporting international employees
- Knowledge of employment law and business practices in Canada
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Coaching and ability to influence leaders
- Innovative and creative approach to problem solving
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to create and foster business relationships with leaders and employees
- High level of initiative and ability to quickly identify and resolve problems
- Solid organizational skills, including ability to accomplish demanding timeline objectives and multi-task on assignments
- Able to work at strategic, operational, and tactical levels
- Passionate and sense of urgency for execution; natural curiosity and willingness to take risks; ability to use creativity to problem solve; ability to look at human resources in new and different ways; desire to make a difference.
- Strong facilitation skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.