Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, is looking for top talent to join our team.
We are seeking a Senior Build and Tools Engineer, responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining the Bend Studio code and data build pipeline infrastructure.
- Solve problems with existing pipelines, focusing on simple, robust, and performance solutions.
- Upgrade, evolve, and maintain existing infrastructure, including Bamboo server configurations, build scripts and the UE4 code and data pipelines.
- Support build release and patching pipeline, build deployment tool suite, code integration, testing utilities, and packaging pipeline.
- Interface with everyone on the team: get to the bottom of simple and complex problems. Provide direct solutions.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure a broad understanding of approaches and solutions.
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional scripts and code.
- Test and document work produced.
- Create and manage complex build branching schemes.
- Implement and maintain effective reporting systems to facilitate team needs.
- Independently undertake research prior to starting a new system or task to ensure implementation effectively meets defined goals.
- Optimize tool chain systems to full advantage of target hardware and architecture.
- Maintain a clear understanding of personal and team task lists and project milestones to ensure goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to the Technical Director.
- Present complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members.
- Minimum 3-5 years industry experience or related experience.
- One or more published titles.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of scripting languages.
- S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Excellent C/C++ skills.
- Experience in a wide-range of game engine and tool chain systems (e.g., rendering pipelines, file IO, memory management, performance evaluation and tuning, input systems)
- Strong knowledge of production development tools including compilers, build tools, IDEs, source code and asset control systems, and integration with 3D editing packages.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.