PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior UX Designer
San Diego, CA
Sony PlayStation’s Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) on our San Diego campus provides world-class content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. Our team is always at the cutting edge of technology and partners with the industry’s best minds and companies.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work to define user workflow and interface for new and existing internal and external software applications and services. This opportunity allows you to play an active role in the feedback and iteration cycle by participating in user testing to gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
The Senior UX Designer will work closely with Engineering, Product Planning, Senior Management, and regional stakeholders located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle.
If you are a critical thinker with an excellent visual and interaction design sense, a strong technical background, and an eye for making things better while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Champion and effectively communicate design ideas using sketches, flow diagrams, wireframes, mockups and prototypes in a cross-functional team environment.
- Define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change
- Ensure that the design vision is executed correctly during the development process
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards and wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas and requirements.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience in designing compelling and quality interfaces
- Understanding and experience with User Centered Design Methodologies (UCD)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating user experience knowledge and clean visual design sense
- Expertise using Sketch, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and/or other design/prototyping software
- Strong writing skills to communicate clearly and concisely through technical specifications.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- Minimum BA/BS degree in design related studies is required with a portfolio demonstrating 6+ years of user experience and visual design work
- Strong visual design skills
- Prior experience working within a technical environment
- Interest in emerging technologies in web, mobile, and other devices
- Experience designing for a global audience in multiple languages
- Familiarity with the agile software development process
- Knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries
- Experience in building functional prototypes and interactive elements is desired.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.