PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Manager, Digital Sales Planning
San Mateo, CA
The Global Store and Services team brings together staff from around the world, with a real passion for engaging PlayStation gamers with relevant and entertaining content. This area of SIE has seen significant growth in recent years to become a key revenue contributor and continues to evolve with the industry to create new business opportunities. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by being part of a truly global team, working together at the forefront of digital content distribution. As part of this, we are building a Global Content Lifecycle Management (CLM) team who will drive the value proposition of the PlayStation Store.
Reporting to the Head of CLM, you will be responsible for leading advanced analytics initiatives to support the strategic direction of the CLM team, as well as focus on taking a data-driven approach to design and execute the process for building forecasting models to support the content lifecycle planning process. You are an enthusiastic and flexible teammate, have a strong analytical mind, and you thrive in a fast-paced commercial environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Own the end-to-end process for building and maintaining forecasting models to create shared objectives and financial targets for all key franchises
- Provide analytical support to evaluate content lifecycle opportunities and drive the achievement of revenue and digital market share targets for key franchises
- Oversee the design and implementation of all complex analyses that may include methods such as predictive modeling, forecasting, and segmentation
- Support the content lifecycle planning process by using data to provide actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with CLM leadership to develop strategy, goals, and KPIs to build a data-driven view of success
- Develop insights and analytics roadmap that supports the delivery of business objectives
- Build a testing and learning framework to ensure that decisions are based on data
- Inspire, motivate, and develop the team to achieve excellent performance
Experience & Skills
- 12+ years’ experience in a commercially focused analytical role, preferably in the digital retail and/or digital entertainment industry, 5+ years’ experience leading a team of analysts
- Industry experience with time series modeling or demand forecasting
- Consistent track record of utilizing data to drive business decisions
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data, and provide recommendations
- Ability to articulate ideas and present complex analysis to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision-making
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Ability to self-manage and balance multiple projects and priorities
- Fluency in SQL and at least one statistical language: R, Python
- Experience with analytical and visualization tools: MicroStrategy, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, databox
- Shown success handling partners, driving the execution of projects, with a flexible and dynamic approach in an environment that is constantly evolving
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.