Sony Interactive Entertainment – PlayStation is seeking a talented IT Support Specialist for tier 1 and tier 2 issues. The IT Support Specialist will be responsible for the consistent delivery of exceptional IT support at the San Mateo HQ. Additional responsibilities will include working through escalations, projects, and focus on raising the bar on quality of service. We provide a collaborative and innovative IT environment, we support all Sony Interactive Entertainment corporate IT functions. In this role, you'll support over 4000 employees across over a dozen locations. If you have experience in supporting a mixed OS X and Windows users, then we want to hear from you. Please Note: this is a contract role intended to last 12+ months with possibility of extension.
- Provide technical support on incoming hardware/software issues and service requests.
- Ensure timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved.
- Address high priority issues quickly and thoroughly.
- Provide direct support for Windows, Linux, and MacOS endpoints. Ensuring they are up-to-date and complaint with corporate IT standards.
- Assists in providing root cause analysis and resolutions to trending end user issues.
- Create and maintain internal KB documentations with an attention to detail.
- Ensure proper update to inventory and asset management system.
- On-call assignments required to expertly support our global 24/7 business operations.
- Perform related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of on-site desktop support and customer service support experience
- 1-2 years of hands-on Executive Level Support.
- Must have strong experience with Windows 7/10 and MacOS, especially in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with supporting mobile devices (iPhones, Android Smartphones and tablets) under MDM solution.
- Experience supporting cloud-based IT environment (Google Apps, Box, SAP, Okta …etc.).
- Experience supporting standard desktop applications (MS Office, Office 365, Anti-virus …etc.).
- Experience supporting/troubleshooting in a SCCM and JAMF environment.
- Experience with enterprise ticketing systems (Service Now, Remedy, JIRA, Salesforce…etc.)
- Strong understanding of Active Directory user and Exchange mailbox administration.
- Hardware troubleshooting experience with Laptops, Desktop, and Network Printers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, as well as being able to explain technical concepts in non-technical terms when necessary.
- Strong sense of urgency, self-motivated, and able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to analyze test results or error logs.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of situations and take appropriate actions or escalate for timely resolution.
- Ability to work varying hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Ability to move or lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, B.S./B.A. preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.