PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Passionate about working on strategic initiatives that allow for creativity and room for growth? Are you an authority in Software Engineering and have strong knowledge of Amazon Web Services? Are you a strong believer in using data and cutting edge technologies to drive the best business decisions? If so, read on…
SIE's Global Fraud Management and Global Payment Teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation® Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
SIE has just launched a next generation risk platform and machine learning framework that support the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, world-class PlayStation® consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation® TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation® Vue, PlayStation® Music, PlayStation® Video and PlayStation® Now.
In doing so, teams across multiple geos have delivered services on top of this platform focused on Machine Learning Automation, Machine Learning Scoring, Data Processing, Experimentation, and other solutions within AWS. We are currently looking for a high-caliber Engineering Manager to join our team to be the central point of contact where you will orchestrate engineering practices, share knowledge across teams, lead architecture decisions, and oversee DevOps for these existing services and the growth/enhancement of them for the SIE Fraud and Payments Teams.
- E2E ownership of Fraud & Payment services developed to solve above and future initiatives
- Ensure all AWS services are compliant, have vetted documentation, and support from DevOps standpoint
- Lead a team of ML Engineers & DevOps resources to achieve the team’s goals
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of AWS tools, offerings, technologies, and design options
- Work as a liaison between teams (Engineering/ML) in Europe and teams locally (Data/Engineering/ML)
- Represent Fraud & Payments teams for architecture of systems/data flows, project plans, using the agile methodology
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Machine Learning or other related fields and a minimum of 12 years’ related work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams in technical roles.
- Strong communication skills and proven success using all soft skills
- Handling various data formats
- Connections to databases/s3/AWS services
- Strong experience with data
- Files/formats (csv, xml, json, avro)
- SQL (writing, reading, tuning, debugging)
- Database experience
- Understanding SQL execution
- Strong understanding of AWS Services, AMIs, instances, automation (Packer/ Ansible/ Chef/ Puppet), Docker etc.
- API development/programming
- Big Data Cloud Solutions
- Streams – Kinesis/Kafka/ActiveMQ
- Knowledge of Payments Processing and CNP (Card Not Present) Fraud
- Experience with highly available, high throughput, low latent service creation and support
- Understanding of machine learning, data manipulation, and data value assessment.
- You should demonstrate high energy/creativity, a passion for analyzing highly complex data sets, strong communication and project management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a relentless customer-focus, a practical understanding of quantitative methods, and superb attention to detail.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.