PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Interested in working on strategic initiatives that allow for creativity and room for growth? Are you an expert in Data Science and have strong knowledge of payment processing? Are you a strong believer in using data to drive the best business decisions? If so, read on…
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s (SIE) Global Fraud Management and Global Payment Teams are the guardians of both customer trust and purchase success for PlayStation and the PlayStation® Network (PSN). We provide innovative solutions to support every element of the network, various platform services, customer service teams, a diverse developer community, and more.
SIE has just launched a next generation risk platform and machine learning framework that support the global, fast growing PlayStation® Network customer base, world class PlayStation® consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation® TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation® Vue, PlayStation® Music, PlayStation® Video and PlayStation® Now.
GFM’s Data Science team is responsible for optimizing the eCommerce Conversion funnel (Account Sign-ups -> Logins -> Purchase -> Experience) while evaluating customer behavior for potential fraud and providing a frictionless commerce experience across this new platform. We are currently looking for a high-caliber individual to join our team and to help create world-class, analytic solutions aimed at targeting the payment processing portion of our conversion funnel.
- Use leading Data Science techniques to optimize our payment processing stack and conversion funnel.
- Familiar with levers and correlation among them in an eCommerce purchasing scenario.
- Deep understanding of eCommerce fraud & payments data to inform/describe aspects of these processes.
- Expert level statistical analysis to conduct robust data analysis using hypothesis testing, design of experiment, inferential statistics, and more.
- Design and support A/B/…N Experimentation framework using statistically valid designs and unbiased measurements of success.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning or other related fields (Ph.D. preferred) and a minimum of 5-7 years’ related work experience.
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated success using all soft skills
- 3+ years in using statistical modeling techniques (regression, CHAID, neural networks, cluster analysis, RFs, GBTs, etc.).
- 3+ years’ experience with a statistical programming package such as SAS/SPSS/R/Python/Java is required.
- Proven hands-on experience developing statistical models, optimization, statistical analysis, machine learning
- Expert knowledge in payment processing industry trends, compliance changes, unique and relevant data availability, and more.
- Strong understanding of predictive modeling, data manipulation, and data value assessment. Creation and understanding of automation approaches above mentioned processes is strongly preferred.
- You should demonstrate high energy/creativity, a passion for analyzing highly complex data sets, strong communication and project management skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, a relentless customer-focus, a practical understanding of quantitative methods, and superb attention to detail.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.