PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Located at PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
* Open to various levels of professional experience from mid-level to senior plus.
Are you passionate about quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure our software runs smoothly for developers and users alike? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
Our R&D team here at PlayStation is seeking a software engineer to design & develop test cases & test tools to exercise SDKs and ensure the quality of software releases using continuous integration processes. As a part of R&D, you will have the opportunity to experience and contribute to new and exciting technologies. If this is you please apply!
- Work closely with engineering team to identify test requirements and execute QA related tasks
- Maintain existing Jenkins Continuous Integration environment and support new CI requirements
- Develop, maintain, execute manual and automate test cases
- Debug and analyze defects and create solutions for regression tests
- Collaborate with distributed teams for CI & test infrastructure maintenance
- Professional experience as a software engineer in test.
- Experience in C or C++ programming.
- Experience in working on projects utilizing CI/CD preferably Jenkins.
- Working knowledge of open source or in-house developed test automation frameworks.
- Experience with different version control systems ex: SVN, Git.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience in ReactNative apps development or testing
- Worked in a scrum/agile environment.
- Experience in C# programming.
- Experience in testing methodologies and test processes.
- Background in game development, consumer electronics.
- Excellent development and debugging tools experience on both Linux and Windows.
- Docker knowledge.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.