PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Global Content Manager
San Mateo, CA
Competitive Gaming is an exciting and burgeoning space within the landscape of gaming. As one of the leaders of the gaming industry, PlayStation is focused on the esports business both regionally as a part of the strategic outlook on the future of gaming. The Global Content Manager will be a key member of this initiative, responsible for assisting in the creation of the overall strategy, but heavily in its execution. This position will focus on managing the process and partners around Sony’s content management system and our competitive gaming editorial strategy for an esports/competitive gaming hub or destination. This person will also help to build the overall infrastructure, determining and allocating resource needs, regional, cross-functional partnerships and advocacy for this initiative.
- Manage the editorial initiatives for an online esports content destination including sourcing, curation and management of relevant content.
- Institute scalable solutions that will insure quality written content for our active user base.
- Autonomously create process and standards on content management within our CMS including hierarchical storing standards, expiration, tagging, entry standards and above all quality.
- Collaborate with our technical product team to evolve user heuristic data to better curate and serve content to our users. Dictate how content entry will collaborate with these efforts.
- Manage esports relations with internal departments, specifically, working closely with marketing, promotions, corporate communications and publisher relations in order to ensure success of content delivery.
- Work with 3rd party partners for editorial content creation while being the arbiter of quality.
- Assist in the product design and development of the PlayStation esports/competitive gaming Destination/Hub.
- Identify and facilitate relationships within the esports/ competitive gaming community.
- At least 5+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3+ years of experience in esports
- Extensive knowledge of the competitive gaming landscape
- Strong ability to network with leaders and influencers within the competitive gaming space
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven management/ leadership success
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence decisions on a global scale
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.