PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Conversion Rate Optimization Insights Analyst
San Mateo, CA
The Conversion Rate Optimization team is responsible for optimizing multiple conversion metrics by making PlayStation Store the retail destination of choice for PlayStation content and delivering an optimal consumer and retail experience
This is a pivotal role that will play an integral part of the CRO Insights team within CRO and will support the team in their efforts to create a data driven decision culture within the business and pro-actively search for improvement opportunities, using data and insight to inform your decision making and to help articulate, priorities and manage hypotheses for improvements.
- Develop, analysis and monitor key company metrics to identify risks and opportunities.
- Proactively identify improvements in player journeys through a combination of deep dive analysis and testing strategies.
- Lead the deep dive analysis of priority projects and events, generating and presenting key recommendations to the CRO team and senior stakeholders ensuring continuous improvement across our digital activities.
- Advise the CRO team of opportunities and risks impacting business performance using model results and insights.
- Prepare recommendations that the business can action in order to reduce any risk or maximize returns.
- Develop analytics to support A/B and multivariate testing strategies to improve the customer experience online and increase revenue generated per user to the website.
- Proactively look to further enhance existing reports whilst looking for opportunities for new reporting
- Work with product management to help define success criteria for new store features.
- Provide tracking for new store features and work with the product team to agree this tracking up front
- Using various data tools such as AA, MicroStrategy, DMP to extract and analyse data about the PlayStation and its users.
- Provide audience segmentation recommendations for personalisation
- Combining and visualizing data in a variety of tools including Excel, Powerpoint, Tableau, Adobe Workspace and MicroStrategy Visual Insight
- Help to evolve our capability across the business unit of data use and pro-actively drive new and innovative ways for us to use our data.
- To be the ‘super user’ on Adobe Digital Marketing Suite (SiteCatalyst, Discover and Report Builder) establishing a suite of standard reports and dashboards to drive business decisions.
- Provide internal coaching and support to other Adobe users across the teams to drive a self-serve culture and self-service data requests.
- Work with the Adobe technical team to feedback on data issues and improvements.
- Extensive experience working with web analytics and customer insight data on ecommerce or B2C websites
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to structure problems for analysis, analyze the data and understand root cause.
- Experience working with data management, data processes and flows in large scale systems
- Demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision making.
- Good understanding of UX best practices/cross platform UX
- In-depth knowledge and experience of different testing approaches (A/B, MVT etc)
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- High levels of personal motivation to further your skills, experience and business knowledge
- Experience using Adobe Analytics or similar web analytics tools
- AA tag management and implementation
- Experience using Data Management Platform/Freewheel/MicroStrategy
- Testing tool knowledge
- Experience in SQL
- Qualification (or experience to degree standard) in Statistics, Mathematics, Operational Research, or other numerate subject
- 5+ years’ experience in a commercially focused analytical role – Ecommerce, B2C, Entertainment
- Working in a global company with large volumes of consumer data
- Experience analyzing data and presenting findings
- Cross functional organizational
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.