PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
If you have a passion for the latest cloud technologies and you thrive in fun yet challenging environments with complex distributed systems, you can be a part of PlayStation's success!
The role of Sr DevOps Engineer is based in the PlayStation office in Los Angeles in the Culver City area. It is a blend of automation, development, and application administration and is a hands-on technical position in a fast-paced atmosphere. We are looking for someone with prior experience managing cloud based n-tier web applications and strives to solve traditional operations problems through automation and software. If you possess a high standard of excellence, have a strong customer focus, and is capable of technical deep-dives into code, databases, load balancers, network, operating systems, and storage, we would love to hear from you.
You will be part of a dynamic team responsible for delivering infrastructure, operations and CICD support to the many different systems the business & our partners use to create entertainment experiences for our gaming & entertainment consoles. These services are responsible for the backend operations for core PlayStation services.
You will also be working closely with our San Francisco, San Diego and Tokyo cloud ops teams. The primary customers of this team will be our LA based engineering teams so you will be able to partner closely with them to ensure success. You will also work across boundaries with The PlayStation Network leadership, architecture, security and engineering groups to gain alignment and execute key strategic initiatives.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in AWS and related cloud technologies.
- 6+ years of experience in the field of data center infrastructure management (UNIX/Docker/ Kubernetes/ Microservices)
- Must have proven prior experience in managing a large K8S cluster and scaling it significantly at enterprise scale
- Must be well versed in generic administration tasks of managing Docker images, container networking and standard infrastructure maintenance tasks on Docker and Kubernetes platform
- Must have knowledge of Linux kernel options such as control groups and defining application groups to restrict resources
- Strong Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- In-depth experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Ability to identify and articulate key trade-offs when making cloud and infrastructure decisions
- Able to participate in 24/7 on-call rotation for tools you and your team build
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or a related field
Experience in any of the following is also desirable:
- Expertise in building automation tools in any of the programming language such as Java, Python or Golang.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog
- Experience with EKS & ECS
- Migrating services to Kubernetes
- Git/GitHub version control tools
- Involvement in the Open Source community (code writing, patch submission, bug reporting, etc.)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.