Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Associate Producer, Audio (Contract)
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner YOH Services.
The Associate Producer - Audio supports and manages scheduling and the day-to-day production of the internal Audio development team in conjunction with Sony’s 2nd party audio production team (PDSG). Responsibilities include collaborating with producers, senior producers, creative leads, directors and studio managers to develop and maintain a specific discipline or project plan to determine resource, budget or schedule needs.
The ideal candidate will have a solid and wide understanding of the influence and role of upstream groups (design, level design, level art, combat, animation, etc.) as well as an understanding of lateral groups (VFX, localization, tools, etc.) which impact Audio throughout the production process.
The role of Associate Producer - Audio is solely focused in game development and any experience in the music industry as an audio producer is not relevant to the position. This is not a creative role.
Support and/or Manage internal game development:
- Responsible for specific phases or portions of product development from concept through final approval.
- Apply working knowledge of Product Development needs to enhance creative relationships, guide the development of new technologies and track progress.
- Work with Senior Producers and PDSG to plan and troubleshoot production resources.
- Support development efforts to keep product on schedule and within budget.
- Schedule and maintain tasking for Audio and interdisciplinary teams.
- Communicate between team members, consultants, inter-company and external resources.
Support and/or Manage day-to-day production issues through analytic thinking and information gathering:
- Break down large or complex tasks into meaningful subtasks.
- Assimilate diverse information and assess the impact of creative initiatives on the project.
- Identify all upstream and downstream groups that may be affected by an aspect of the project, and involve them – actively solicit their input and follow up through execution.
- Hold regular meetings with the project teams and individuals to discuss status, resolve issues and share information.
- Partner with senior members of the team to ensure a common understanding and agreement on the project scope and objectives and on any subsequent changes.
Contribute to current and future Product Development needs:
- Foster and enhance creative working relationships with internal development team and PDSG.
- Work with team managers to understand and support team members’ growth objectives. Escalate any personnel issues to senior producers and team managers.
- Participate in the yearly performance review process.
- Follow necessary processes and procedures for product development to ensure SIE company-wide policies are adhered to.
Education & Experience
- Minimum three years of industry experience in video game production with one or more published titles as Associate Producer or above.
- Prior experience working with level design, level art, animation, tools, and/or audio teams.
- AAA experience a plus.
- 4 year undergraduate college degree or equivalent skill set.
- Project Management
- Working knowledge of project schedules and milestone documentation, monitoring the progress of department milestones and individual tasks against those schedules.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, Hansoft, Microsoft Office (Project and Excel), Bug tracking databases (JIRA, DevTrack).
- Familiarity with Agile techniques such as SCRUM, and traditional production management.
- Communication & Collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams.
- Interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices.
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.