PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Legal Executive Assistant
San Mateo, CA
The Executive Assistant reports to the Senior Vice President & General Counsel for SIE LLC’s Legal Global Team providing administrative support to this Executive and her team. The General Counsel's Senior Executive Assistant is someone who enjoys working with and helping other members of the Legal department, but understands that not all requests can be accommodated and that most of the time will be spent with the General Counsel or working solitary; is discreet, diplomatic and an excellent but not excessive communicator, both in writing and verbally.
This role spends about 80% of its time working at the desk but also gets involved in organizing exciting and inspiring events for the legal department such as global meetings, off-sites, retreats and monthly department meetings in the Americas. Because the General Counsel's role is global, bonus qualities include exposure to or experience living in a different culture or speaking multiple languages and a love of ambassadorship and collaborative teamwork with other members of the legal department, both domestically and abroad.
- Handle swiftly and without error a complex and ever-changing calendar for the general counsel; prepare for and coordinate meetings, and schedule travel plans and accommodations for the Executive and the department, as assigned.
- Ensure a timely flow of information, obtain signatures and authorizations, answer and screen phone calls and manage correspondence and communication flow.
- Submit expense reports for the General Counsel and department team, as assigned.
- Process outside counsel invoices, sending communications on behalf of the General Counsel.
- Professionally represent the Executive through initial contact meetings or telephone conversations.
- Act as administrative liaison between the Executive and Sony groups, vendors, and industry contacts.
- Provide logistical support for department team meetings, events, and conferences, working in collaboration with Facilities, IT, and external parties.
- Function as a communications hub for department, staying current on, and publishing, as requested, team travel and holiday schedules with ability to locate and contact team members as needed.
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for staff within the department, especially for process and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, proactive manner.
- Liaise effectively with Executive Assistant counterparts and build strong working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels.
- Continually improve processes and procedures to reduce work time and cost without compromising work quality.
- At least 5 years of Executive administrative or relevant work experience
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year university or equivalent education
- Expert experience with digital calendaring, electronic expense reimbursement systems, as well as electronic finance and accounting systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel (Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Process-oriented, with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently on difficult projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- An interest in interactive entertainment
- Creating decks with animation, embedded video, graphs and other representational graphics and other creative assets using PowerPoint
- Coding and working with financial spreadsheets to capture overall department costs and project costs using Excel
- Designing (with the General Counsel), planning and organizing both domestic and international, high-quality meetings, conferences and events
- Designing, planning and creating pages for the Legal department’s global website
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.